Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is a natural wonder located just west of Denver, Colorado. The park is home to a stunning amphitheater that was carved out of sandstone over millions of years. The amphitheater is known for its incredible acoustics, which have made it a popular destination for concerts and other events.
Location and History
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is located in Morrison, Colorado, just ten miles west of Denver. The park was established in 1905 and is home to over 868 acres of land. The amphitheater is carved into the sandstone cliffs of the Red Rocks, which are a geological formation that is over 280 million years old.
Things to Do
There are many things to do at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Attending a concert: Red Rocks is a popular destination for concerts, and some of the biggest names in music have performed at the venue. The amphitheater's acoustics are considered to be some of the best in the world, and the natural beauty of the park makes for a truly unforgettable experience.
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails in the park, ranging from easy to challenging. The most popular trails offer stunning views of the amphitheater and the surrounding area.
- Rock Climbing: Red Rocks is a popular destination for rock climbers, and there are several climbing routes of varying difficulty. The park also offers guided climbing tours for those who are new to the sport.
- Camping: There is a campground in the park that offers over 100 campsites. Camping is a great way to experience the beauty of the park and to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Picnicking: There are several picnic areas in the park, making it a great place to enjoy a meal outdoors. The park also has a concession stand that sells food and drinks.
Tips for Visitors
- Be prepared for the weather: The weather in Red Rocks can change quickly, so it's important to be prepared. Pack for all types of weather, including rain, snow, and sun.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You'll be doing a lot of walking in the park, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring plenty of water: It's important to stay hydrated when you're hiking or climbing in the park. Bring at least a gallon of water per person per day.
- Take your time: There's no need to rush through the park. Take your time and enjoy the scenery.
The closest major airport to Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is Denver International Airport (DEN). Once you're in the area, you can drive to the park. The park entrance is located off of US Highway 36.
Driving/Walking Directions From ViaTek - Managed IT Support Company & IT Services to POI
Driving Directions To The Next Nearby Town/Suburb/Village/CDP/Unincorporated Area