Denver Museum of Nature and Science: A Treasure Trove of Knowledge
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science (DMNS) is a world-renowned natural history and science museum located in the heart of Denver, Colorado. The museum is home to a vast collection of artifacts and specimens, and it offers a variety of educational programs, exhibits, and events throughout the year.
The DMNS was founded in 1893, and it has been growing and evolving ever since. The museum's collection now includes over 8 million objects, and it attracts over 1 million visitors each year.
The DMNS's collections are divided into several different departments, each with its own unique focus. Some of the most popular departments include:
- Paleontology: This department houses a collection of dinosaur fossils, including the famous Stegosaurus.
- Botany: This department houses a collection of plants from around the world, including some of the oldest and rarest plants on Earth.
- Zoology: This department houses a collection of animals from around the world, including live animals in the museum's zoo.
- Humankind: This department explores the history and culture of humankind, from the earliest hominids to the present day.
The DMNS hosts a variety of exhibits throughout the year, both permanent and temporary. Some of the most popular recent exhibits have included:
- Dinosaurs: The Ultimate Predators: This exhibit explored the lives of dinosaurs, from their origins to their extinction.
- The Nature of Color: This exhibit explored the science of color, from how we see it to how it is used in nature.
- Body Worlds: This exhibit featured real human bodies that have been preserved using a special technique that allows visitors to see the inner workings of the human body.
The DMNS offers a variety of educational programs for people of all ages. Some of the most popular programs include:
- School Field Trips: The DMNS offers school field trips for students of all ages.
- Adult Classes: The DMNS offers adult classes on a variety of topics related to science and nature.
- Docents: The DMNS's docents offer free tours of the museum to visitors of all ages.
The DMNS hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, and lectures. Some of the most popular events include:
- Nightlife at the Museum: This event features live music, food trucks, and hands-on activities.
- Science on Tap: This event features talks by scientists and engineers, followed by a Q&A session and a chance to network with other science enthusiasts.
- Family Days: These days are designed for families with children to explore the museum and learn about science through hands-on activities.
The DMNS is located at 2001 Colorado Boulevard in Denver, Colorado. The museum is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. There is a small entrance fee for adults, and children under 12 are free.
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is a great place to visit for people of all ages. Whether you're looking for a fun day out, an educational experience, or simply a place to learn about the natural world, the DMNS has something to offer everyone.
Driving/Walking Directions From ViaTek - Managed IT Support Company & IT Services to POI
Driving Directions To The Next Nearby Town/Suburb/Village/CDP/Unincorporated Area